American Boer Goat Association Announcement
February 1, 2013
Re: International Boer Goat Association Members and Registrations
The American Boer Goat Association (ABGA) Board of Directors has been diligently working on a plan of action to make the transition as easy as possible for the members affected by the recent International Boer Goat Association’s closure. The ABGA is proud of the Boer industry, the accuracy & integrity of our certification database, the documentation that we provide to our members and most of all the members that make us a strong industry leader. The American Boer Goat Association is happy to extend an invitation to the International Boer Goat Association members to join the ABGA family and friends. As we move forward, we ask for your continued patience.
Please read the following carefully as we will provide much needed information and details to make the transition as seamless as possible for you and our current members. There will be numerous references to the ABGA Rules and Regulations that can be found on the ABGA website www.abga.org under the Membership tab.
· Membership is not required; however membership will secure membership pricing vs non-member/inactive pricing on work submitted. Fee Schedule may be found under the Registrations tab on the ABGA website. Rules 100-103
· Adult Membership is $60.00 per year and Junior Membership is $30.00 per year
· Membership Benefits/Services –
o Online Premium – Online registrations, searchable registry database with animal and member inquiry
o Ability to vote in Board elections
o A subscription to The Boer Goat Magazine
o Online Show Results
· You can join ABGA/JABGA by completing the ABGA Membership Application or the ABGA Junior Membership Application available under the Registrations tab, click on forms
Join online by clicking “Join Now” or “Join ABGA”.
· As the breeder, you may submit the ABGA Application for Registration in accordance with existing ABGA rules of registration, providing that the sire and dam are active in the ABGA database and are owned by you or you have provided all required supporting documentation on the applicable ABGA form(s) (i.e. service memo, flush sheet, etc).
· The original International Boer Goat Association certificate must be submitted to ABGA by the current owner(s) as shown on the certificate.
· ABGA “herd prefix” or “herd letters” will be required. Rule 211. For information regarding “herd name” refer to Rule 212.
· *An ABGA Application for Registration form must be completed by the current owner(s) as registered/issued on the International Boer Goat Association certificate. Forms may be found under the Registrations tab on the ABGA website. Rule 209B. Do not use the ABGA Multiple Registration Application for Breeder.
· *These transactions qualify as a registration and not a transfer; therefore, applicable pricing may be found on the ABGA Fee Schedule.
· · Deadline for processing registrations within this guideline will be midnight, December 31, 2013. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
*Due to the incompatibility of the two databases, the ABGA Board of Directors has taken a “face value” “baseline” approach to register the International Boer Goat Association’s animals in order to prevent extreme delays and inconsistencies. Provided that you have submitted all of the required documentation and applicable fees and no conflicting issues exist, you will receive an ABGA registration certificate representative of the current International Boer Goat Association certificate with the sire and dam one generation pedigree only.
· ABGA will only recognize points under the current ABGA Awards Program. (Ennoblement, Sire of Merit and Doe of Excellence)
· ABGA is unable to accept points from shows other than those sanctioned by ABGA.
** Due to the extreme differences between associations’ awards programs, ABGA Board of Directors has taken the direction that is in the best interest of the members and animal representation.
· ***Any International Boer Goat Association approved judge will need to meet all of the certification requirements of the ABGA Judge Certification Program.
***Due to the differences in the judge program certification, qualifications and criteria, ABGA Board of Directors has taken the direction that is in the best interest of the members.
2013 JABGA Youth Leadership Conference Registration Packet
2013 ABGA Board of Director Nominations
Terry L Brown
Scott Thomas Pruett
Boyd E Willoughby
Shon Clinton Callahan
Kim Ranae Erwin
Vicki M Stich
2013-2014 JABGA Board of Directors
Shelbi Lyn Webb
2013 ABGA/JABGA Raffle
Raffle Banner located on Lower Right of Homepage has the prizes and raffle info
JABGA Members Click Here for information on IPad Prizes associated with the ABGA/JABGA Raffle
The changes to the ABGA Breed Standards and Teat Structure Chart to be effective January 1, 2013, have been rescinded. Please continue to use the current Breed Standards and Teat Structure Chart.
Your 2013 ABGA National Show judges will be:
ABGA Open Show:
Eddie Holland, Ron Dilley, Josh Taylor
Coni Ross, Sherri Stephens, Chris Shaffett